Home > Front and Rear Parking Sensor Systems
> Product Detailed Description
- System detecting obstacle using Ultrasonic Wave (Sonar) Echolocation Technology
- Audible Alert (Beeper) with no display
- Beeping faster if closer to obstacle and continuously if within 1.0ft (0.3m) from the obstacle
- Designed for cars, suvs, mini-vans, 4x4s, pickups, and small trucks
- Sensor Detection Range: 1.0 - 4.9 feet (0.3m - 1.5m)
- 8 sensors (4 in front and 4 in rear bumper) giving good coverage of both front and rear end of your vehicle when parking
- In-bumper type sensors providing the look of factory installed system
- Perfect for backing up, street parking, parallel parking, garage parking, and parking in tight spot ...
- Powered by tapping into the wires of brake and back up lights
- Rear sensors activated when vehicle is put in reverse, front sensors activated when vehicle is in forward driving with brake applied
- Brand new in original factory box
- Low prices
- Shipping from USA
- 12 month warranty
Dimensions of the Beeper (Audible Alert)
|Why do you need a Front and Rear Parking Sensor System?
||Return to Top
Having the system is like having eyes in both the front and rear of your vehicle and can
help you avoid costly accidents and injuries.
The Parking Sensor System is designed for cars, suvs, mini-vans, 4x4s, pickups, and small trucks
which have poor front and rear visibility.
It is a perfect parking aid for backing up/reverse parking, street parking,
parallel parking, garage parking, and wherever parking in tight spot ...
It can detect still and moving objects including children and small pets
in front and rear blind area of your vehicle. Eight sensors embedded
into the front and rear bumpers detect objects up to 5 feet (1.5m) from the vehicle.
You never again have to get someone to watch the rear or front of your vehicle while parking or backing up.
With this 8 sensor backing up / parking system, you won't have to worry about getting too close
to the car in front or rear of your vehicle, or scraping them while getting out of a
tight parking spot.
|How does the Front and Rear Parking Sensor System work?
||Return to Top
The CPU in the main module of the Parking Sensor System determines obstacle distance
by measuring the time needed for the ultrasonic wave emitted by a sensor to reach an
obstacle and for the sensor to receive the ultrasonic wave reflected from the obstacle.
Given the speed of the ultrasonic wave, the CPU can then calculate the distance between
the sensor and the obstacle.
That is also the reason some people call Parking Sensor System as Parking Radar because
of the similarity in determining obstacle distance.
The system is powered by +12V from ignition (or ACC), brake and back up lights.
The four front sensors are activated when vehicle is put in forward driving with brake applied.
The four rear sensors are activated when vehicle is put in reverse.
The audible alert starts to sound when an obstacle is under 4.9 feet (1.5 meters) in
front or rear of the vehicle. It beeps faster as vehicle gets closer to obstacle and
sounds continuously when vehicle is within 1.0ft (0.3m) from the obstacle.
Note : Even if you apply the brake, depending on your
driving speed, your vehicle will still go for some distance before it comes to a complete stop.
To be safe while parking, keep your vehicle speed at about 3 miles per hour.
The parking sensor system detects obstacle by emitting ultrasonic
wave and receiving reflected ultrasonic wave from an obstacle.
Different materials have different reflection and absorption
of the ultrasonic wave, and the actual detection distance varies
depending on what materials an obstacle is composed of.
For example, human skin and clothes actually absorb the ultrasonic
wave, and can only reflect very small portion of the ultrasonic
wave back to the sensors, hence the system may detect human skin
and clothes in a much shorter distance compared to other materials.
Also, the system may fail to give both visual and audible alert
if an obstacle has smooth ball-shaped or sloped surfaces as such
surfaces may not reflect ultrasonic wave back to the sensors at all.
Drivers in these situations should pay more attention while
parking their vehicles.
- Front and rear parking sensor system provides good coverage for both front and
rear end of your vehicle
- 4 front and 4 rear in-bumper sensors give the look of factory installed system
- The system is powered by tapping into the wires of brake and back up lights.
Rear sensors are activated while reversing and front sensors are activated while driving
forward and braking
- Wired audible alert (beeper) with no distance display (no clutter on top of dashboard).
Beeper can be mounted near the rear end of of vehicle for clean installation.
- The audible alert (beeper) beeps faster if vehicle gets closer
to obstacle and sounds continuously if within 1.0 feet (0.3m) from obstacle
- Sensors detect obstacles within 1.0 - 4.9 feet (0.3m - 1.5m).
- Designed for cars, 4x4s, SUVs, Mini-VANs, and small trucks
- Plastic sensor spacers with wedged thickness are included for adjusting in-bumper sensors for
- Sensors work in plastic and metal bumpers.
- The system is built to last, can withstand bad weather and road shock.
- Sensors can also be spray painted to match the color of your vehicle if wanted.
- Installation instruction manual in English is provided.
- All connecting wires and necessary parts are included.
- Operating Voltage: DC 10.5 ~ 16V
- Detecting Range: 1.0 ~ 4.9' (0.3 ~ 1.5m)
- Measuring Error: +/- 0.1' (0.1m)
- Sensor Detection Angle: 60 Degrees
- Detection Response Time: 300ms
- Audible Alert when obstacle within: 1.0 ~ 4.9' (0.3 ~ 1.5m)
- Audible Alert Volume: 60 db
- Ultrasonic Frequency: 40Khz
- Maximum Power Consumption: 4W
- Current Consumption: 100~300mA
- Operating Temperature Range: -30 ~ +70 C Degrees
- Dimensions of the Main Control Box: Width x Depth x Height = 3.9" x 2.8" x 1.0" (10.0cm x 7.2cm x 2.5cm)
- Dimensions of the Beeper: Diameter 1.6" (4.0cm), Thickness 0.7" (1.7cm)
For detailed wiring and installation instructions, please view the
in PDF format. You need the
Adobe PDF file reader to view it.
Download a copy of the User's Manual in PDF format.
Note: If the power plug of your system comes with a 4-pin plug with red, black, yellow, and blue wires,
you need to download this version of the User's Manual.
- 8x Sensors (in-bumper type) with attached cable and 2-pin mini connector. Cable Length: Front Sensor = 26.2' (8.0m); Rear Sensor = 8.2' (2.5m)
- 8x Plastic Spacers with wedged thickness for non-vertical bumpers.
- 1x Beeper (Audible Alert) with attached cable (8.2ft or 2.5m long) and 2-pin mini connector. 3M self-adhesive on the bottom.
- 1x Main Control Box.
- 1x 3M Double-Sided Self-Adhesive Pad for affixing main control box to vehicle.
- 1x Power Cable for Main Control Box - three wires (red, yellow, and black) with 3-pin connector. Cable Length: 3.3' (1.0m).
- 1x Drill Bit - 21mm. Note: if drilling through metal bumpers, you will need a bi-metal 21mm drill bit (not included).
- 1x User's Manual in English
Inside the Retail Box
The Retail Box
Brand new (not refurbished), never used, in original factory box.
Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, PayPal, Money Order, and Cashier's Check.
United States: Via USPS Priority Mail 2-3 business day service with Delivery Confirmation.
All Other Countries: via USPS Express Mail International 4-10 business day service.
Orders are usually shipped within 1 - 2 business days.
Note: When checking out, you will be displayed with the Shipping and Handling cost
with the item(s) in your shopping cart before proceeding to payment.
Note: You can check your order status online at our Web site with your order number.
If available, a tracking number will also be posted to your order status area after shipping.